We have some of the most beautiful lawns and landscaping of the South here in Georgia, but if your lawn isn’t properly cared for, you might start to notice thatch taking over your once-green and vibrant yard. Here at Alternative Environments in Villa Rica, Georgia, we specialize in keeping your yard free of thatch and other issues that can arise due to our exemplary growing climate.
We’re deep into winter by now, and eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring. While you wait, there are some steps you can take to care for your grass now, ensuring a healthy, flourishing lawn in the spring.
- Keep it Tidy! Removing leaves and debris is important, especially if you’ve got a lot of moisture. Leaves, pine needles, and the like will easily mold or mildew. A rake is your best friend in this situation, because raking also helps to keep your grass from matting, improves airflow, and helps prevent disease.
- Check the Soil. If your turf gets a lot of foot traffic, it can easily get compacted. Look for moss, which can be a sign your soil is compacted. If you notice compaction, contact AELMI to schedule core aeration to make sure your soil is getting enough air. Winter or early spring is the best time to aerate your warm-season grasses (this includes Bermuda, Zoysia, Centipede, and St. Augustine grasses).
- Check the Soil Again. While you’re at it, check your soil’s pH. It’s best if it’s a neutral pH. If your grass is acidic, don’t panic–AELMI can help you solve this issue with a specialized application of fertilizer and lime.
- Check your Gear. Have your lawn mower cleaned and serviced, check on the state of your tools, collect anything you “loaned” to neighbors last year, and get ready for all the yard work you’ll enjoy come spring!
When you’re making your plans for improvement in the new year, don’t neglect your home! Not only is it one of the largest investments you’ll ever make, it’s also so important for your family and your peace of mind. Keep your living space beautiful and comfortable with these new year’s resolutions for homeowners:
- Be Proactive. Allocate your budget for home services and projects now. Not only will planning ahead ease your stress, it will also help you avoid unexpected expenses down the road.
- If you prepay for a year of lawn or pest services with Alternative Environments, you will receive 10% off your total bill! This is a great way to ensure you stay on schedule and never miss a treatment. You’ll get the best results possible and save money at the same time!
- Keep it Clean. Set and stick to a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule. Get the whole family in on this by assigning chores based on ability. Even little kids can help with picking up toys or putting folded clothes away in drawers.
- Declutter. Streamline your belongings for a fresh start. Look at clothes, books, movies, gardening equipment, old lawn furniture, toys, baby gear, and anything in the attic, closets, and garage. You’ll be surprised how much easier it is to keep your house clean when there isn’t so much stuff in it!
The holidays are upon us, and you know what that means: it’s time to get a jumpstart on your New Year’s Resolutions! Are you resolving to keep your lawn looking great, save money, or get ahead of the game this year? Good news: Alternative Environments and AEL Pest Solutions are holding a crazy New Year sale on pest control and lawn care! Right now, pre-pay for all of next year’s lawn or pest control services and receive 10% off for the whole year! This discount is good for commercial or residential services, as long as you pay upfront for the entire year. All you have to do is mention the code “NewYear10” when filling out a contact form. You can also give us a call to discuss your options, but make sure to mention the code! There’s no way to overemphasize the importance of regular lawn care, especially for your business. Landscaping is the first impression your customers will get! When you plan and purchase your lawn care in advance, you’ll save time, money, and future headaches. Don’t get caught in the spring when you realize you’ve forgotten to schedule aeration, seeding, watering, or anything else! And of course, nothing beats professional prevention when it comes to pest control. Our quality service and well-trained technicians will help stop bugs, rodents, and more before they ever set foot in your home. This isn’t the only special we run, you know! Be sure to like Alternative Environments on Facebook to get exclusive seasonal deals, tips, specials, and coupons.
Are you on social media? What a silly question–almost everyone is on social media nowadays. Even the Pope has a Twitter account. When you think of companies to follow on Facebook or Twitter, your first thought may not be lawn care and pest control services, but it should be! What will you find if you “like” Alternative Environments and AEL Pest Solutions on social media?
- Lawncare and pest control reminders! A lot of lawn care and pest control is seasonal. Following us on Facebook or Twitter is like having a personal assistant to remind you when to schedule core aeration, which pests to look out for when, at-home remedies to supplement our professional services, and more.
- Behind the scenes content! You’ll find pictures and fun stories about our biggest asset–our professional, knowledgeable staff. At Alternative Environments, our people know how to have fun while doing their jobs well, and we can’t wait to share it all with you.
- General tips and advice for homeowners. We’ve been doing this a long time, and we know what we’re talking about. Get privy to that wealth of knowledge to make things easier for you!
- Get first notice about specials and discounts, new blog posts, beautiful landscape design ideas, reviews, and more! You can even contact us through Facebook, though of course, our contact page is always an option as well.